Whipped Feta Dip is the perfect unexpected addition to any appetizer spread. Served alongside dippers such as seeded crackers, toasted pita, or crudités, the salty bite of the feta leaves you coming back for more after each bite.
Ingredients needed to make Whipped Feta Dip
The first ingredient in Whipped Feta Dip is, well, feta cheese. My recipe calls for 6oz, although I typically buy feta in 8oz blocks. So, I’ll just use 3/4 of the block and return the rest to the fridge for crumbling over salads or other miscellaneous uses. Then, you’ll need roughly 2oz of cream cheese. I actually love to use an almond-milk based cream cheese for this dip, because the nuttiness compliments the tangy feta so well. But, almond-milk cream cheese, or any vegan cream cheese, is typically more expensive and using the regular old blocks will work (and taste) just as good. Here’s the list in its entirety:
- Feta cheese
- Cream cheese
- Fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh herbs, such as thyme or oregano
- Crackers or toasted pita bread
Tools used to make Whipped Feta Dip
Whipped Feta Dip is the perfect snack because it truly requires one kitchen tool to make: a food processor. Limited dishes means more time to enjoy your appetizer and the company of those you’re sharing it with. I use this food processor and have for a few years now. I love it because of the versatility!
How to make Whipped Feta Dip
This unique appetizer couldn’t be easier to pull together. Simply throw all of the ingredients into the bowl of your food processor, pulse until its combined and the texture has become slightly fluffy, and spoon into a bowl. Arrange your crackers or pita around the whipped feta, and finish with a drizzle of olive oil, freshly cracked black pepper, and fresh herbs of your choice. Quick, easy, and wonderful!
Looking for other dip ideas?
Give these other appetizer recipes from The Ardent Cook a try!
Muhammara-Style Roasted Red Pepper Dip
6oz room-temperature feta (I buy an 8oz block and use about ¾ of it)
2oz room-temperature cream cheese
Juice of ½ lemon (about 2 tbsp)
Olive oil, for serving
Freshly ground black pepper, for serving
Fresh herbs, such as thyme or oregano, for serving
Crackers or toasted pita, for serving
- Allow the feta and cream cheese to come to room temperature before proceeding with the recipe. To do this, I take them out of the fridge a few hours before I plan on using them.
- Add the feta, cream cheese, and lemon juice to a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is creamy and slightly whipped in texture.
- At this point, you may transfer the room temperature dip to a serving bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with fresh herbs and black pepper. Alternatively, chill in the fridge for a few hours, then proceed with garnish. Enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for your continued support of The Ardent Cook, it does not go unnoticed.
Comments are closed.