This is the second recipe in The Ardent Prep series “Chicken, Rice, and Caramelized Onions.” To visit the original blog post, click here. To see the other two recipes in this meal prep series, click the links at the bottom of this page. Note that there are no caramelized onions used in this recipe. The onions are used in the other two meals. I hope you enjoy this delicious and easy recipe!
2.5 cups prepped rice
Approximately 1/3 prepped chicken breast, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 16oz can full-fat coconut milk
1-2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
Cilantro and lime wedges, if desired, for serving
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 TBSP olive or coconut oil over medium heat. When oil shimmers, add garlic, ginger, and jalapeno*. Saute until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric and stir to coat the garlic, ginger, and jalapeno mixture. Allow the spice to “bloom” by cooking it in the hot pan for about 30 seconds. Then, add entire can of coconut milk.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes, until slightly thickened and glossy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pot, steam broccoli florets, approximately 6 minutes or until tender.
- Assemble bowls. Add rice to the bottom of a bowl and top with sliced chicken and steamed broccoli. Spoon curry sauce over the top of the bowls, using as much or as little as you like. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges, if desired. Recipe will yield about 3 adult-sized bowls.
*for added heat in this recipe, leave seeds in jalapeno. Alternatively, add crushed red pepper flakes or a pinch of cayenne pepper to taste.
Caramelized Onion, Kale, and Goat Cheese Bowls with Homemade Balsamic Glaze
You must be logged in to post a comment.